top of page
  • Servet Yildiz Stêrk

Been rejected by the UDI? Get professional assistance from an experienced legal team

Immigration law is a large and complicated area of ​​law. Immigration cases include family immigration, deportation, protection/asylum, citizenship, work and study permits, etc.

The UDI and UNE decisions also often affect more than the foreign national himself. Family members, often underage children, are affected. Refusal of a residence permit or a decision to expel therefore affects one very hard. In immigration cases, it is therefore very important to review the decisions of the immigration authorities.

We have solid expertise within immigration law , and assists in the application process or in complaints if you have been rejected.

Complaint, reversal request and lawsuits

The Directorate of Immigration (UDI) is the central agency in the Immigration Administration. It is the UDI that first makes decisions in applications for asylum, residence, and work permits. If you application has been rejected, you can file a complaint. You must complain within the time limit stated in the decision letter. This is usually at least three weeks from the receival of the decision letter. Once you have submitted your complaint, the UDI will first reconsider the decision and either grant your application or forward it to the Immigration Board (UNE), which is the immigration authorities' appeal body. UNE makes a final decision, and there is basically no further appeal.

In complaint cases, you can often be entitled to free legal aid, which means that costs incurred by obtaining assistance to appeal can be covered by the government. We also assist in the application process for free legal aid.

Although the UNE decision is final and cannot be appealed, it is still possible to request the decision reversed under certain circumstances. For most immigration cases, a reversal request must be sent within 1 month of receiving a decision. In order to have the request assessed, new documentation that proves that the terms for the permit were fulfilled at the time of the decision is usually required. Invalid decisions can always be requested to be reversed.

Asylum cases are in a special position as the immigration authorities always have an obligation to consider submissions on a new basis of protection. If you have received a final rejection from UNE in an asylum case, but later receive new information, it is possible to request the decision reversed. Apart from the requirements for new information, there is no restriction on the possibility of obtaining an assessment of your asylum case.

If you do not win through with a complaint or redress request at UNE, you can go to trial to have the UNE decision invalidated by the courts. This is a time-consuming and costly process, but often the last resort in immigration cases.

Our legal team is specialized in immigration law, and you can, therefore, be assured that you will receive competent and good assistance from us.

Contact us today to hear how we can help you. You will always receive a free assessment of your case. 

In complaints cases, you can often be entitled to free legal aid, which means that the costs incurred by obtaining assistance in the appeal can be covered by the government.

We can assist you in the application process for free legal aid.

Norway Visa | Work and study visa| Family Immigration | Expulsion | Refugee status | Renewal of residence permit| Protection | Permanent residence permit | Revocation of residence permit |  Asylum | Recidency on a humanitarian basis
bottom of page